From Bean To Plate
Scarlett Wine Bar & Restaurant at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G will take chocolate lovers on a culinary journey this November as Chef de Cuisine Sylvain Royer and his team joins hands with Kad KoKoa to create an enchanting array of savoury and sweet dishes made using locally sourced cacao from across Thailand.
Grown in four different regions of the country, Chiang Mai, Chantaburi, Chumphon and Prachuap Khiri Khan, the cacao beans have been sustainably cultivated and made into chocolate using only cocoa nibs and organic sugar – no additives or lecithin. Dedicated to creating single origin chocolate, each product highlights the pure flavour of the cacao beans and the terrain which they came from.
Raising awareness of Thai cacao, Scarlett Bangkok will take diners on a chocolate journey through 11 different savoury and sweet dishes that combine 100% pure single origin Thai chocolate and French technique. Some mouthwatering plates to look forward to include:
For first impressions:
- Savour King Oyster Mushroom topped with Fourme d’Ambert blue cheese, cherry vinegar gel, truffle and finished with a house-made chocolate oil using 100% pure chocolate from Chiang Mai.
- Or for something cool, explore the Chilled Broccoli Soup topped with pan-seared scallops, salted cod mousse and roasted Prachuap gruau cocoa.
- Feel like a burger? Try the Pan-Seared Foie Gras Burger tucked in between soft and fluffy 100% pure Chumphon chocolate brioche buns.
For the main:
- Dig into Lamb Shanks, slow-cooked for a minimum of 12 hours and served with a ragout sauce prepared using 100% pure chocolate from Prachuap Kiri Khan.
- Or try the Dry-Aged Beef Tenderloin served with salt-baked celeriac and tortellini filled with 100% pure Chantaburi chocolate.
For a sweet ending:
- Delight in the Chocolate and Brown Butter Ganache made with 100% pure Chantaburi chocolate and served with a coconut and avocado ice-cream.
- For something vegan, give the Vegan Chantaburi Nutella a try, served with cookies baked with cocoa nibs and chia seeds.
- Or the Sea-Salt Caramel Tart is sure to delight, filled with Chiang Mai chocolate and salted caramel.
The special chocolate menu is available a la carte until 30th November with prices starting at just Bt350++ per dish.
For more information, call +66 (0) 9686-07990 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Pullman Bangkok Hotel G.